Recent work: Project J-Score

During my last year at UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Journalism, I took a pretty cool class by Alan Mutter about disruptive change in the news media industry.

For our final class project, we came up with an experiment (we were thinking Pandora…BTW, there have been some interesting pieces done recently that look into how the model behind Pandora could be applied to the other industries. Check out this New York Times Magazine story and this post from eMedia Vitals.) looking at how journalists can better measure the engagement of their readers. Continue reading

Journalism Experiment #1

This will be the first of one of my many experiments I plan on trying to test out the new multimedia skills I’m learning. In Experiment #1, I deal with Web video. I used Final Cut Pro and several Web applications, including Prezi and Bee Docs Timeline, to create the piece. The video was for a class assignment on disruptive media. This is my take on Google Books. Continue reading